User Guide on Stfalcon Web Development Cost Calculator?
The question of web development cost is always actual and rather a complicated one, since the accurate estimation of any project is quite tricky. The features needed for implementation and the scope of work should be taken into consideration.
To relieve our customers of uncertainty and hesitations we created an interactive calculator of web development cost. Though the calculation is rough, the tool is able to give our potential clients a certain understanding of the project scope and budget needed.
It’s easy to find and use the calculator on Stfalcon’s site.
The development value approximation is realized by the total time estimation required for each product feature development or integration. Backend Development, Interface Design, Mobile, Quality Assurance, and Project Management are taken into consideration. The cost estimation is the result of multiplication of the amount of hours necessary for each project stage realization and the rates of the developers’ and managers’ work.
It should be noted that the development cost includes the adaptive version of the web app created.
When dealing with the calculator you will be asked to choose all the features needed for the product, then the overall cost of each development phase will be shown to you. A more detailed cost breakdown can be requested to email in the form of a pdf.
See below the list of features, which can be developed or integrated into your product by Stfalcon. The final functionality of your solution you define yourself.
- Email login. It’s a usual login scenario. The user is asked for an email/username and a password for authorization/registration, besides, the e-mail confirmation and password recovery functions are included.
- Social login. More than 75% of users prefer logging in through social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, LinkedIn, etc. No password is required, but the person logs in with SM identifications, the feature is secure and can be realized for multiple providers. The cost is indicated for one provider integration.
- Dashboard.The feature helps to integrate enjoyable UX and data management, allowing a quick overview of KPIs related to your business procedures. Figures, charts, and other data types indicated by the client are visualized on the dashboards and result into actions. The cost is for basic version — a simple diagram with several data fields.
- Activity Feed. It facilitates in tracking the current user activity having a form of a list, clicking on a button a person can check the latest actions in the app.
- Rating System. It’s a possibility for the users to rate content or other users, the feature is realized through a special widget with reviews. It automatically increases the value of content and adds credibility to expert opinion.
- Gallery - Photo / Video. The feature allows storing pictures and videos on the web, albums creation, and settings of visibility regulation. One page development cost is provided in our calculator, photo and video will have free representation order.
- Maps. A map with a certain address visualization will be integrated into your product. (Most often used for contact pages).
- Custom User Interface. The feature helps to add personalization to the product developed, users can pick the interface they like, and adjust visibility of certain elements. The cost of implementation relates to the complexity of customization, in the calculator it is indicated for simple cases (1 color).
- Accept Payments. Payment options are a must for everyone who deals with commerce. The common systems we deal with are Stripe, PayPal and Apple pay. Nevertheless, we can integrate practically any method of payment. Once we integrate 2 local Scandinavian payment systems and adjusted their faultless functioning. Different payment methods facilitate transactions and add up rating to your product. The cost of this feature integration in full is defined proportionally to the number of options integrated. The price is indicated for one payment method with a simple flow.
- Synchronization. You can select auto-synchronization or a back-up feature to synchronize info whenever it’s required. The cost is for a simple flow, when the data altered in database is automatically updated on other devices.
- User Profiles. The feature allows custom user-profiles creation, managing how the info related to a user is organized and which settings are available. A simple profile development cost can be found in the calculator, it includes profile photo and basic fields, which can not be changed.
- Messaging. It facilitates communication between the users inside the product through a widget for messaging only, no files or other data can be sent.
- Shopping Cart. It’s a must-have feature if you sell goods or services. It helps to get and keep clients since people nowadays value the opportunity of making purchases in a single click. A widget is provided with a list of chosen goods.
- Search. The feature is unequivocally essential for quick and convenient info finding by the users so that they get the required information right away. The cost is indicated for search based on one parameter.
- Task List.The task list function is good for admin purposes and team management. The feature will allow not only create lists, but tick the tasks fulfilled.
- Calendar Integration. The calendar allows planning and tracking activities. Your product users will value the opportunity to have all in one place. A simple calendar integration with some data possible to be displayed is meant in the calculator. In the web version, it can be integrated by the developers only.
- Social Sharing. The function turns out to be a powerful tool of gaining a new audience and converting it into active clients, not speaking of info sharing function and social involvement. One social network integration cost is indicated. Social sharing is worth consideration because it’s now a trend.
- 3rd Party API Integration. It is useful in many aspects, it’s a common way of payment options integration, still, other services may be integrated in such a way as well: Redmine, Jira, Slack, Channel Manager, Google Calendar, etc. The cost is given for one endpoint of one provider integration.
- User Privacy Settings. User security should always be your major priority. Certain criteria can be set by default or you can choose a custom-built approach. Each user will then be able to regulate his or her data visibility and privacy.
- SMS Integration. It’s the option of sending SMS right away. The user does not need to switch to smartphone functions. This feature is useful for system notifications, authorization confirmation or user notifying about some fact (delivery, order accepted, the payment received, etc.).
- Approval / Moderation. This is useful if you let the product users provide feedback, leave reviews or comment, then approval/moderating feature is important for admins to manage the info shared by the users.One element type (comment for instance) editing possibility is enclosed in the cost.
- Reporting. It is convenient for data administration and prompt access to different data layers. It’s good for supervision and analytical purposes. A special button integration allows downloading tables in csv format.
- Content Management System. To publish info and administer it, you need to manage and schedule your publications. Such functionality is provided by a special system implemented in your product.The cost is for creating a content unit of a certain type, like a blog article.
- Payment Administration. Payment system integration is double-sided: on the one hand there is an option of making payments for the users and on the other hand, there is the opportunity of payment management by the admin. Think the feature over if you have a payment system integrated.
- User Administration. The feature allows admins to set roles for the users inside the system,to activate/deactivate then and make certain opportunities available.
- Ticketing System. The system allows the creation and closing support queries by handling and streamlining the procedures of issue resolution. It’s realized through the special elements called tickets, they allow to see which issues set in as well as their characteristics — category, priority, etc. A ticketing system is a single point of contact between you and your client. The users applications are automatically delivered to admin’s email and he can continue interaction then.
- Feedback System. Internet users now trust other people’s reviews and feedback more than some formal information. So, integrate the system into your website for better UX. The cost is for a simple comment option development without imbedded threads.
- Booking — the option of booking a room, a place, some time, no additional options here. You should bear in mind that this feature depends a lot on the complexity of the design. Implementing it through the calendar may take 3 times more time than realizing it through a simple table.
- List of items – the option of booking a room, a place, some time, no additional options here. You should bear in mind that this feature depends a lot on the complexity of the design. Implementing it through the calendar may take 3 times more time than realizing it through a simple table.
- A button switching between languages. In case you work with different countries or the audience of your site is international, you need the option of switching between several languages to be integrated into your site. Calculated per language.
- Integrations with CRM. The possibility to sync data between a CRM, if you have it, and the site. Convenient option, since data is kept up-to-date automatically.
- Forms (contact or register). Register or contact forms can be variable, on average each 10 site pages have 6 to 8 forms since they are the main element of the user and backend interaction. The approximation is on «per form» basis.
- CRUD(per entity) — by CRUD is meant a number of pages, which are responsible for a certain feature. It may, for instance, be a user managing functionality, which includes: a list or a table of all users with the possibility to sort or delete them, a page of the new user creation and the page of the current user to edit or delete. The other examples of the entity may be orders, resources, payments and so on. CRUD is mostly used in CRM.
- Chart. Charts can be of different types and it influences the complexity of their development, the approximation is based on simple charts.
- Wizard. The feature of creating something step by step. It’s necessary when a user should be instructed on how to create something very accurately. In our approximation, we used a simple 3 step wizard as a basis, but the creation of it is related to complexity, they can become more complex due to certain transit rules or redirects between wizard pages.
- ACL. The feature which regulates the access to the solution and its features. The permissions can be simple when the users are just divided into 2 groups — a group which sees the page and a group, which does not. Complex ACL presupposes that multiple users can see the page, but only some of them can make alterations.
- Analytics – adding GA scripts. Since we mostly work with SPA, adding analytics through a simple script adding may fail to provide correct results. So extra effort is sometimes needed for this. However, there is a plus the analytics can then be very much optimized and customized for the client’s comprehension of the improvement strategy needed.
Now, as you’ve got through this guide you may have got a better understanding of the product you intend to create and the features it requires. You can proceed to the practical part and make the estimations on our interactive calculator right now. Then send us the request and we’ll discuss your idea together. Don’t be scared by the financial aspect, Stfalcon team has the experience of creating state-of-art products on tight budgets.
Feel free to contact us, we are open to discussion at any time.