SMILEFOOD - food ordering app
Stfalcon’s task was to create a redesign and a plan for a new app, because the existing application:
- is realized on the Ionic framework and in fact, it duplicates the site,
- has the functionality that fails at every upgrade,
- freezes up or fails during its operation.
We Conducted a Discovery:
- filled in Business Model Canvas. It allowed us to deeply understand the business and the problems it faces.
- made the research of competitors and analogs: Dodo Pizza, Yandex Food, Mister Am, Rocket, Bolt Food, Uber Eats, Pizza Hut.
- interviewed SMILEFOOD’s app users.
- made customer profiling and created CJMs for 2 client types: a customer, who makes his first order and a regular customer.
We’ve got an interesting insight: a follow-up order in the first 20 minutes is very useful. This became obvious during the CJMs creation since the team could clearly see the client’s needs, barriers, and fears.
It was extremely effective to ground the company’s real statistics and not on the hypothesis only. Productive and informative meetings and deep involvement of the clients’ team in the process were extremely helpful.
We worked out the order flow’s prototype, wrote User Stories, and estimated the app’s development in two variants: Native Android & iOS or Flutter for the client to decide.
The next stage was to develop the app’s design based on the Discovery made. At this moment we supplemented the team of Project Manager and UI/U designer with developers to effectively work out not only the user experience but the technical aspect of the app as well:
- Courier’s tracking on the map,
- Unique orders with additional ingredients,
- Integration with the client’s existing database,
- Migration to the new technological stack.